- 1 Large White Onion- finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove - peeled and finely chopped
- Splash of Olive Oil (to saute the onions)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes - peeled and cubed
- 1 Cup Red Lentils - rinsed and drained
- 100g Baby Spinach Leaves - washed and drained
- 1 Good Quality Vegetarian Stock Cube diluted in 1 Litre Boiling Water
- 1 Inch Ginger - peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Sprinkle of Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Put the washed red lentils and diced sweet potatoes into a large pan with half of the stock and bring to a simmering boil.
- Meanwhile sauté the onion in a frying pan with a splash of olive oil until soft, then add a pinch of salt and the garlic, chilli and ginger and continue to fry for another few minutes.
- Next add the onion mix to the sweet potato and lentils. Simmer all together for around 10 minutes until the lentils have broken down and the sweet potato is soft but not mushy. Add more stock if it's too thick until you have your desired consistency.
- Add the spinach and peanut butter and stir well. Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- When the spinach has cooked down, serve with rice or crusty bread.