Ingredients(For a baking tin approx 20cm x 34 cm x 4cm)
- 250g self raising flour (well sifted)
- 240ml water
- 150g dark brown sugar
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 80g cocoa powder
- 120ml oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A handful of dark choc chips and chopped hazelnuts
1. Add 240ml water to 50g of the flour in a small pan and bring to the boil stirring constantly to create a sticky gloop.
2. Mix the sugars, vanilla, cocoa and oil in a large mixing bowl and add in the flour/water gloop. Mix well.
3. Add in the nuts and chocolate chips.
4. Fold in the rest of the flour and baking powder.
5. You should have a nice chocolatey squidgy gloop by now. Use a spatula to transfer it all to your greased baking tray and bake on Gas Mark 4/ 180C / 350 F for 25 mins.
6. Remove and allow to cool in the tray for an hour then refridgerate for another few hours.
7. Cut into slices and remove carefully from the tray and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
8. Re-warm in a hot oven for a few minutes and serve with vegan ice-cream.