Carrot & Ginger Soup
Or as Melissa likes to call it Carrot and Ninja soup! This recipe couldn't be easier and makes a perfect soup every time. The sweetness of the carrots and the heat of the ginger is a match made in heaven and of course it also gives you super ninja powers! :-)
- 8 Carrots
- 1 Potato
- 2 White Onions
- 2 Garlic Cloves - peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Inches of Fresh Ginger - peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Fresh Chilli (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Peel and chop the potato and carrots and boil in just enough water to cover the veggies.
- Dice the onions and saute in olive oil until soft. Then add the ginger and chilli and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the onion mix to the carrots and potato and simmer for 20 minutes on a medium heat.
- Blend the soup using a hand blender or food processor and season well with salt and pepper.
- Serve with crusty bread.