Makes 2 Large Jars
- 12 Medium Tomatoes - diced
- 3 White Onions - peeled and diced
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cyder Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 3 Heaped Tsps Mustard Seeds
- 4 Heaped Tsps Cumin Seeds
- 1 1/2 inches of Fresh Ginger- peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 Tsps Salt
MethodThis recipe couldn't be easier; put all the ingredients in a large saucepan, bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer for 45 minutes until the chutney has cooked down to a thick chunky sauce.
To sterilise your jars, submerge them in boiling water for 10 minutes before filling them with the chutney and seal immediately.
Once cooled the chutney can be eaten immediately or kept on the shelf (unopened) or fridge (opened). We think it'll keep for a few months, but we are yet to find out as ours always gets eaten within a few days!