Roasted Red Pepper, Feta & Oregano Dip
Roasting the peppers really brings out their sweetness and combined with feta and oregano help to make this a really creamy and fresh dip.
- 10 Red Peppers
- 200g Feta Cheese
- 30g Fresh Oregano (or 2 Tbsp dried oregano)
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Few Glugs of Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Wash and dry the red peppers, then roast them whole in the oven with a glug of olive oil for 40 minutes or until the skin has blackened.
- Remove and allow to cool for an hour or until you can handle them.
- When the peppers have cooled, pull off the stalks, remove the seeds and peel the skins of the peppers, leaving just the sweet flesh. You may want to rinse the flesh in cold water to remove any remaining seeds.
- Add the pepper flesh to a food processor, crumble in most of the feta cheese (reserving a little for garnish), the lemon juice, oregano, a little olive oil, and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Blend to a smooth paste then refrigerate for an hour before serving with a sprinkle of feta and a few leaves of oregano.