The ideal winter breakfast.... or if you're Scottish the ideal year round breakfast!
Ingredients (for 2 bowls):
- 2 generous handfuls of organic jumbo oats
- A sprinkle of mixed seeds
- 2 heaped teaspoons of honey
- A splash of milk (we use gold top whole milk as it's non-homogenised and it's extra creamy, but feel free to use soy, almond, or whatever you prefer)
- A pinch of salt - I was resistant to this for years but have now realised it brings out the delicious flavour of the oats
- Place oats in a saucepan and add water - just enough to cover the oats. We usually leave this to soak for an hour or two whilst we do yoga, but alternatively you can soak overnight if you want to make the porridge as soon as you get up.
- Cook porridge on a low heat. Add the pinch of salt.
- As the water starts to reduce give it a stir and add a little more water if needed.
- Total cooking time should be about 5 minutes.
- Take porridge off the heat, serve into bowls then add seeds, honey and lastly a big splash of cold milk.
- Enjoy immediately...in bed!
|Try with banana, walnuts and honey for bit of variety!|